Meet Joe Carwile, Freelance Photographer:
I am a 1993 graduate from Western Kentucky University Photojournalism program. I’ve interned at the Troy Daily News, Troy Ohio, South Bend Tribune, South Bend, IN, Flint Journal, Flint, MI. I’ve freelanced after graduating at the Danbury News-Times, and the Hartford Courant. Both are in Connecticut. I’ve been an imaging technician for the South Bend Tribune, South Bend, IN and the Lexington Herald-Leader, Lexington, KY before starting Joe Carwile Photo Services.
For more info visit:
1. John F. Kennedy Jr, playing under the desk in the oval office.
2. A little boy holding a Coca-Cola trapped inside a phone booth shot by Dave LaBelle.
3. A photo of a woman who fell asleep while getting her hair blow dried at a beauty salon. I shot this at the Mountain People’s Workshop, held in Lafayette, Tennessee. I shot this as her head was under the dome blowing warm air.
4. Portrait of the Afghan girl that was on the cover of National Geographic. This image shows the blank stare of the hooded girl looking into the photographer’s soul.
5. Pretty much any Ansel Adams image. He can show the beauty of nature, the stillness, the sweetness of any given moment when light illuminates an object. I realize he was also a chemist, helping to produce effects in prints, but the eye had to capture it in order to help bring it out. I can only wish to become half the nature photographer he was.
All of these images are simplistic, every day happenings. These could have been taken anywhere, at any time, except for the Oval Office image.